Grab and Go Meal Program
April 17, 2020
Child Nutrition Services Team will continue to provide "Grab n Go," 5 Day meal bags for families to pick-up on Mondays only, from 10:30am-12:30pm as schools remain closed.
- Parents or students may walk or drive up to tables that we will have set up and receive 5 breakfasts and 5 lunches per child ages 1-18 years of age. Meals will be served "Grab n Go."
- Please only take one meal bag per child in your care so that we have enough meals for everyone
- Follow the Safe Food Handling instructions
- Keep Refrigerated items Refrigerated. Example: milk, string cheese, yogurt
- Keep frozen items either refrigerated or frozen until heating for consumption. Example: burrito, corn dog
- Heat items fully for consumption
- Rinse fresh fruit and produce items before consumption
- Discard any items that have reached an expiration date
- Discard any leftovers by end of day Friday
- All Children are welcome; they do not have to be SPUSD students, no ID or information is needed; all Santa Paula families are welcome. Children DO Not need to be present to pick up meals.
- All meals must be taken off the property to be eaten, as we are trying to maintain social distancing.
- Please keep 6 feet away from each other and employees
- Please consider wearing a face mask or covering when picking up meals
- For those that are walking up, if you see a line forming, please wait well behind others and do not congregate near food carts or employees
- Please only touch what you are taking
- Please DO NOT come and pick up meals if you are sick
- We will be evaluating this program daily and make adjusts if needed. Meals will be served at the following 2 sites:
1.) Glen City Elementary: 141 S Steckel Drive (Drive and Walk up)
2.) Barbara Webster Elementary: 1150 Saticoy Street (Walk up)