Grab and Go Meal Program
April 1, 2020
NEW! Revised Meal Service Plan starting on Monday, April 6th. TWO school sites (Barbara Webster Elementary and Glen City Elementary) will open 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 pm to distribute weekly meals that include 5 days worth of breakfast and lunch staple foods per child. Staple items are based on availability. Some items are Cook at Home and may require limited preparations.
Supplies are limited and all meals will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis. LIMIT 1 BAG PER Child PER WEEK. Meals will not be available Tuesday-Friday for pickup starting April 7th.
No identification or proof of school enrollment is required. Children DO Not Need to be present to pick up meals.
If you struggle to get to one of these Santa Paula locations, please note that additional school districts are also offering meals at no cost. Hueneme, Oxnard Union High School District, Ventura Unified, Oxnard Elementary School District and Rio are all offering meals to community members. For a list of locations, visit www.vcoe.org/meals. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions related to this community feeding program.
March 27, 2020
The Santa Paula Unified School District and its Child Nutrition Services Team will be providing "Grab n Go" meals for families to pick-up, Monday through Friday, from 10:30 am-12:30 pm. for students 18 years and younger.
- Parents and students may walk or drive up to carts that will be set up at the school sites listed below to receive one meal per child (1-18 years of age). Meals will be served as "Grab n Go."
- All children are welcome; they do not have to be SPUSD students, no ID or information is needed, children do not need to be present; all Santa Paula families are welcome.
- All meals must be taken off the property to be eaten, as we are trying to maintain social distancing, please keep a minimum of six feet distance while waiting your turn.
- We are providing some items frozen so that you can warm them up at home and ensure they are hot when your child is ready to eat them. These food Items will include cooking instructions in the bag or at the point of pick up. Please store milks and any perishable items cold at 41 degrees or below until ready to consume. We recomend cooking all hot items to atleast 165 degrees or higher. Frozen items may be stored in the freezer until ready to cook. Each meal bag will have 1 breakfast and 1 lunch.
- Please only touch what you are taking.
- Please DO NOT come and pick up meals if you are sick
- We will be evaluating this program daily and make adjustments if needed. Meals will be served at the following 2 sites: