Don't Wait Vacinate
Students Admitted at TK/K-12 Need:
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, Tdap, or Td) — 5 doses (4 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday. 3 doses OK if one was given on or after 7th birthday.) For 7th-12th graders, at least 1 dose of pertussis-containing vaccine is required on or after 7th birthday.
- Polio (OPV or IPV) — 4 doses (3 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Hepatitis B — 3 doses (Not required for 7th grade entry)
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) — 2 doses (Both given on or after 1st birthday)
- Varicella (Chickenpox) — 2 doses These immunization requirements apply to new admissions and transfers for all grades, including transitional kindergarten.
Students Starting 7th Grade Need:
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap) —1 dose (Whooping cough booster is usually given at 11 years and up)
- Varicella (Chickenpox) — 2 doses (Usually given at ages 12 months and 4-6 years)
- In addition, the TK/K-12 immunization requirements apply to 7th graders who:
- previously had a valid personal beliefs exemption filed before 2016 upon entry between TK/Kindergarten and 6th grade
- are new admissions
We are following the California Department of Public Health guidelines regarding immunizations. Currently, immunization requirements for the 2020-2021 school year remain the same. Please update your child’s immunizations as needed for the first day of school on August 12th. Below is a guide to the required immunizations for your student. You can also visit the website shotsforschools.com for more detailed information. Please continue to check our website for updates.